Get the right information
Our credentialed Diabetes Nurse Educators can:
- provide individual appointments, group sessions and home and community visits (in some circumstances)
- help you understand what diabetes means , how it develops and who is at risk
- Give support so you can make changes and choices to prevent diabetes or improve control and health
- help you use a blood glucose meter, tablets or injected medication effectively (including adjusting doses, if your doctor agrees)
- assess your diabetes treatment and suggest changes to improve management to your doctor
- work with you in partnership with your GP, specialist doctor or hospital services.
Our services are
- available in languages other than English
Our services may be suitable if you have
- Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes
- Gestational Diabetes
- Pre-Diabetes or Impaired Glucose Tolerance
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- concerns about your risk of diabetes.
Priority is given to people living or working in the City of Yarra, but services are available to everyone. We prefer a Medicare referral where possible.